Junior Data Scientist
Given our wide breadth of clientele, your role will vary widely depending on your project work. Usually you will work on each client project for six-eight months, so you will work on three-four different projects over the two-year period. There a variety of different roles you could take off, ranging from R&D to developing a client solution using the Kx platform suite. This could be something like creating a user interface (UI) for upgrading system functionality. Some projects you work on will be closely aligned with other teams, like the Machine Learning team, to develop the most efficient systems. Most roles are within the capital markets sector but there is a growing number of roles in other industries as well, including automotive, manufacturing, utilities and more.
- Competitive salary
- Accommodation and expenses package
- Award winning training
- Global travel opportunities
- Rapid career progression
- Healthcare and pension packages
- Supportive team environment
- Social calendar
There really is no ‘typical day’ as a Data Scientist! Projects and roles vary enormously, but this means you're never bored and always learning new things. Even a role within a new project with the same role title as you previously had could be different. One day you could be designing and building a user interface and the next you could be preparing data for analysis and visualisation.
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving and technical skills to combine them
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits.
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A self-starter who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Commitment to the two year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position